Nowadays, most of us use the internet via computers or mobile and tablet devices. We like to e-mail, chat and have fun online as well as use it to buy and sell things and do our banking.
Unfortunately, it also provides opportunities for criminals to:
- Infect your computer or mobile and tablet device with malware and steal your identity
- Mess up your computer or mobile and tablet device with pop-ups and viruses
- Send you spam and scam e-mails
- Trick you into visiting fake websites and handing over personal information
- Hack into your wireless network
Protect yourself online
In our view, there are a few key rules that offer the most protection online for the least amount of effort. They are not all the measures you can take, but they are an excellent start – and they apply equally to business owners and to private individuals.
What you should always do: